Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

From the beginning....

I am not normally a blogger. After I found out I was pregnant and realizing how hard it was going to be being so far away from my family and friends in America, I decided maybe a blog would be a good way to keep everyone updated :)

I found out I was expecting while I was back in the U.S. visiting my family. My mom, sister (Shanyn) and I were out to lunch when I realized there was a good chance I was pregnant. So after lunch we made a quick trip to the pharmacy to get a test and some champagne the family celebrate with or for me to enjoy in the pool :) Shanyn was beyond words excited, I was not so convinced thinking the test would come out negative. As soon as we got home we ran to the bathroom together to take the test (dont judge us haha) and sure enough within 15 seconds it flashed "PREGNANT". From what I remember I screamed and immediately began to cry from shock/excitement, as did Shanyn, who is the most excited Auntie ever.  My Mom and sister Falyn then came and freaked out with us for a minute. After a few minutes of spazing together I realized I probably should call my husband. Shanyn and I sat on the floor in my Mom's office to make the ever important phone call. He was just waking up in Australia and I said "Hey babe, so guess what....Im pregnant" his response "no your not" This went on for a few minutes, he figured Shanyn and I were playing a joke on him. By the time we hung up he was half convinced I was telling the truth, but I still got a text message later that day double checking it wasn't a joke. He was very excited of course :)Naturally Shanyn, my mom and I had to go straight out to Nordstroms to buy the little one it's first outfit. I then had to wait 2 impossibly long weeks to fly back to Australia and be with Tex.......

Here are some of the photo's from when we found out, naturally Shanyn had her camera out to capture the whole thing ;)
At lunch

Calling the Husband

Falyn was there for emotional support!


The 3 excited Aunties! (Suzee is on the phone from Cali)



Exciting times ahead :)




No comments:

Post a Comment