Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

26 weeks



How far along? 26 weeks 6 days
Baby is the size of a: head of lettuce
Gender: Girl, and I am loving being able to refer to them as "the girls". My sisters and I grew up being known as the Ihrke Sisters, so I am so excited for these two to be The Edmonds sisters.....im sure it will be The Crazy Edmonds sisters ;)
Best moment this week: This week has been rough. I think I am officially over being pregnant.If this category was titled "worst moment of the week" I couldnt pick just one haha Best moment would have to be just spending time with Kynley. Her little personality is so so funny, and I love doing fun things with her like having picnic breakfasts on her mini table or cuddling in bed watching brave. Our favorite thing right now is bath time. I love baths so getting to do a massive bubble bath is definitely a favorite of ours, until I get over her poking my belly over and over.
Miss Anything: being comfortable
Food cravings: fruit. mandarin oranges...pineapple....strawberries
Sleep: Amazing.I think the acupuncture has really really helped.
Aches and pains: Well lucky me, i got diagnosed this week with an Irritable Uterus. Basically I get contractions that are about 3-5 mins apart for a couple of hours and they are painful! They dont dilate, at least for now, but they can which makes me more susceptible to preterm labor. I have been having strong painful braxton hicks throughout this whole pregnancy. Finally Saturday they were super bad and soooo uncomfortable. I went home and laid down and everything went away. They next three days they came back and would last for a couple of hours. I finally had my neighbor come over (she is a midwife) and she told me she thought it may be an irritable uterus. Sure enough my dr said the same thing later that day. There is a potential for bed rest or possible medication if they continue to get worse. It is looking like i may try and start an early maternity leave in July. We will see. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, just really tired this week.
Looking forward to: Maternity leave? haha it seems so far away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment