Search This Blog

Thursday, May 8, 2014

23 weeks


How far along? 23 weeks 6 days
Baby is the size of a: Grapefruit
Maternity clothes? Enjoying all of my US purchases! Makes you feel much better when you have cute clothes that fit!
Gender: Girl and I am in full brainstorm/creative mode for her nursery! Im determined to make baby girl's room as special as I did for Kynley when she was born. Because I am the second born in my family, I think it is really really important to do everything I did with the first pregnancy so this little one gets treated equally. That means spending as much time and effort on everything, including my blog ;) Anyways, I am going with a pink and gold nursery and am going to attempt to paint her crib/cot gold! Im kinda excited about it but terrified at the same time. I will keep you posted through out the process ;)
Best moment this week: MICHAEL BUBLE!!! Oh be still my heart I f*cking love that man haha I went to his concert last night and let me just say I was blown away by how amazing he was. His voice...oh my god...melt my heart. I am in love. Also getting to see my husband for the first time in 3 weeks, watching Kynley run to her daddy with her little arms out melted my heart! 
Miss Anything: Alcohol. Especially when we got re routed on the flight home and were forced to get on an extra flight. Im telling you, I could have really used a drink to calm myself down haha 
Food cravings: Cake? I have been craving cake or brownies the last few days. Anyone who wants to make me some can be my guest ;)
Movement: Daddy got to feel her!!! Yay! So exciting when it isn't just me :) 
Sleep: Good, just trying to get back in this time zone
Aches & Pains: Well lucky me I got to spend yesterday at the hospital....I started having these really sharp pains on my lower right side at 7:30 yesterday morning, every 2-5mins. They were really really intense for a few seconds and then would just disappear. They were getting so bad I was starting to feel light headed and nauseous, so I decided to call the Dr. Of course they had me come in just to check it wasn't pre term labor or anything else. 5 hours later I was finally sent home. The dr thinks the baby may be hitting a nerve that is causing the pain, i have still had it on and off today but not nearly as frequently. All I kept telling the nurse and midwives was to make it fast so I didn't miss the Michael Buble concert!!! Luckily I made it :) Thank you to Tracey and Elise who helped me out with Kynley so she didn't have to sit at the hospital all day with us! Hopefully this is not something that continues to happen all the way through this pregnancy!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Well after the flight home and being stuck in the hospital for a day lets just say I am not someone you want to mess with haha I am most definitely moody. My most amazingly patient husband has learned that very quickly. I am hoping now that the strews of travel and everything is gone I start to feel like myself and get my happy attitude back, we will see.
Looking forward to: A weekend with my little family :) It is Mothers Day Sunday so hopefully we will do something fun with just us. I want to enjoy every second I have with just us 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment