Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weeks 9,10,11,&12...


The first photo I took during week 9 is when I was finally starting to feel a bit more like myself. I was very sick between weeks 7-9 and a little better by 10. For the first little while I was living on toast and apple juice (thank you to my sister in-law Jess for bringing it to me many mornings during that time!) but have now almost fully started to feel like myself again, minus the fact that I have been incredibly tired. 

Between weeks 9-12 I have been experiencing this horrible, almost tearing or ripping pain on my right side which appears to be the the scar tissue from getting my appendix out being stretched as I grow bigger and bigger......not so much fun. It is a very debilitating pain and brings me to a stand still in whatever I am doing. It seems to have gotten better and less frequent though. I only had my appendix out the month before I became pregnant, it has been a crazy couple of months for my body!






How far along? 12 weeks 7 days
Baby is the size of a: Plum
Maternity clothes? Not yet, although almost none of my jeans fit me anymore, I am having to do the trick with the rubber band around the button to keep them on. 
Stretch marks? Ugh, only on my boobs. About a week after I found out I was pregnant they started to appear and just keep getting worse. 
Sleep: Ok, except I am waking about around 5 or 5:30 every morning....
Best moment this week: The ultrasound where we got to see "pod" (as my husband calls it) for the first time.
Miss Anything: ALCOHOL. I really really really am missing the social part of drinking...and wine....ehh...only 6 more months right?
Food cravings: Pancakes! For the last two weeks I have craved pancakes like crazy!!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: raw meat, the refrigerator and dirty dishes all make me queasy. I unfortunately got sick last night after eating a piece of steak that wasn't cooked enough...my body just automatically rejected it. Not fun especially because it was at Tex's work function and I had to leave early :(
Wedding rings on or off? On for awhile I hope!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time unless I am hungry. If I am hungry dont mess with me or I might punch you in the face, Tex has discovered this a few times ;)
Looking forward to: The magic week (either 13 or 14 depending on who you talk to) when I really start to feel normal again and I am not so damn tired all the time!!!!

1 comment: