Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2014

21 & 22 weeks


How far along? 22 weeks 6 days
Baby is the size of a: Papaya
Maternity clothes? Oh how I love love love shopping in America! I have gotten some really great clothes while i have been back....so good I think I need another suit case! I have opted to go for less maternity tops and more cheaper clothes in bigger sizes. H&M has amazing sweaters right now for pretty cheap so I grabbed a few of those that will grow with me during the aussie winter :) I also got a few new pairs of maternity jeans and of course some Victoria secret yoga pants...can never have enough of those :)
Gender: Girl, and she shopping is even better than I remember when I was preggo with Kynley! This place is dangerous. I feel like I was just doing this not that long ago......
Best moment this week: So many it is hard to choose! We had my little sisters Sweet 16 on the same boat we had my 16th birthday party. It was pretty amazing and everyone had a lot of fun. We also celebrated our family Easter a week late so the whole family could be there. A big buffet  brunch and then an easter egg hunt. Kynley loves the plastic easter eggs, I filled them with dummy's (pacifiers) and jelly beans. I know what I am bringing on the plane as a surprise for her to open....hopefully she won't get on too big of a sugar high!
Miss Anything: Just feeling like myself. Little things like chasing Kynley around and taking her up and down the stairs at my parents are becoming really hard as I get bigger. Im ready to have my full energy level back.
Food cravings: I have been drinking iced tea like crazy!When I think about it, I have pretty much been craving it my whole pregnancy. I always make it at home in aussieland. Here I have been getting iced tea AT LEAST twice a day. Since I have moved to Australia Starbucks has introduced the Trenta size (XL for you aussies) in their cold drinks. Seriously the best thing ever, a shaken Iced black tea is my drink :) Or the Nordstroms black iced tea is amazing too, even better actually. Lets also just say i have been thoroughly enjoying the food while I have been home :)
Movement: This kid loves to kick me in the bladder all the time!!! Even more than I remember with Kynley. It is killing me. I am definitely noticing her movements more and more during the day too.
Sleep: Sleep has been great over the last week. After visiting the chiropractor to sort out my back pain I have been sleeping like a baby. Minus getting up to pee.....seriously the worst part of being pregnant
Aches & Pains: My lower back is killing me....so so bad. Along with my sciatica pain I am feeling like I'm 80 years old. I have been seeing the chiropractor all week to make me feel better. We are leaving tonight to head back to Australia, and between Kynley and my back I am dreading it. I actually woke up feeling ere ally good this morning, so fingers crossed I stay that way. The only time I will have to lift my luggage is in customs so fingers crossed there is a nice person around to assist me....doubtful but a girl can dream....
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody!!!! I know when I am being moody as well so I really really try to control myself so I don't take it out on the people around me. And like usual I'm super emotional. I think it's the leaving and not seeing my family until Christmas thing that is killing me. More for them not getting to see Kynley until then. Also the horrible anxiety of getting back on a plane with my toddler tornado. I just want to cry thinking about it....trying to think positive for a smooth flight.
Looking forward to: Getting back to Australia to see my husband. 3 weeks is a long time to be away and I am ready for life to go back to normal for us. Also I have the Michael Buble concert next week....I am pretty sure that is the only thing actually getting me on that plane tonight haha 

We have had such an amazing trip back, I am so so so sad it is ending. Kynley has changed so much in the 3 weeks we have been home. She is talking a lot more and really starting to understand things. Her new favorite thing to say is "what's that" and she will point around a room. Auntie nanyn got her obsessed with Starbucks cups, if we get drinks from there, which we do everyday, we have to get her a cup of ice water. That usually is good enough but sometimes it ends up with her screaming TA from the back seat wanting a sip of ours. Ta is a word the use in australia for please and thank you. It is great for kids and Kynley uses it all the time...her ta's go from a small quiet polite world to screaming almost growling it when you ignore her haha it is pretty funny. She also says uh oh all the time, but its more like uh-uh-oh! The other day while we were shopping she kept saying "Ta! Uh uh-oh!" over and over. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that meant she threw her dummy out of her stroller...

 I tested a small dose of benadryl on her yesterday and it seemed to work so I am hoping an 11pm flight and a descent dose of benadryl will help us survive the trip home. I am headed to target now to stock up on snacks and a few new toys to entertain her. If the flight goes smoothly we may end up coming to footy after we get in to watch Tex play and hopefully keep us from going to bed. If I can keep both of us awake until 5pm it is pretty easy to time change...we will see how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment