Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Leiya May Edmonds- 1 Month

(The pillow in this was made by my sister Shanyn. she has made all the pillows for my girls monthly photos! This one is even more special because the fabric is from my Grandmommy Suzanne)

I'm back!!! Wow has it been a crazy 5 weeks since this little girl entered our lives! I feel like I have hardly had a second to breathe, but everything has been so perfect. We were seriously obsessed with the little babe...it's almost like I forgot how much you fall in love. It's the best feeling in the world! 
I am just finishing up her birth story which I will share sometime in the next day or two, but I wanted to make sure I keep up with the monthly photos because I know I will regret it if I don't! This photo is a few days old, taken on June 22nd, at least I'm on time with the photo!

This little peach is the easiest baby ever....well I think...Kynley could have been easier, but I don't really remember! She is just content to hang out and doesn't really do anything other than sleep yet. Arriving 3 weeks early and having extreme jaundice has made this girl a snoozy face. She is a great sleeper at night, great during the day, easy to settle and adored by her big sisters! So far the adjustment to three has been pretty easy. I honestly don't think anything could be harder than adding Ky when Kynley was just 17 months old. That was chaos...this is chaos too, but on a much smaller scale...and much easier to deal with! I know we will be up for some changes as she gets older and more alert, but for now it's pretty smooth sailing!

She gave me her first real smile last week which was so amazing. Still a bit hard to get them out of her but I know they will come soon. I am hanging onto every second I can with this little squish while I do everything I can to make time slow down. It's crazy adding a third baby now that the girls are so much older and we are much more experienced parents...there isn't a lot of guess work and life just kind of continues but with one more little thing to attend to throughout the day. I do have to give a HUGE shout out to my husband. Seriously he has been super dad from the second she was born. He makes sure he gets up with her for one of the feedings so I can get a descent chunk of sleep and that is priceless. I got really sick when she was about 2 1/2 weeks olden could barely get out of bed, let alone take care of three little humans. He took over everything a took care of me...I know it wasn't easy because all four of us are pretty demanding!!

Monday we head out for a 10 day trip to my families property in Canada. 
Unfortunately Tex is still waiting on his green card so he isn't allowed to leave the country, which means I will be taking the kids all by myself. My sister shanyn is coming too and she will basically be Dad the whole time, but it is still terrifying doing anything with the girls alone, especially for 10 days. Our property is really hard to get to (only by boat or float plane) and has no cell service. So you are really isolated when you are there, which is AMAZING, but scary when you have a newborn. Having to pack everything the kids need for 10 days up there is pretty overwhelming so fingers crossed I don't forget anything...target isn't just around the corner!  


Ill be back with her birth story shortly!




No comments:

Post a Comment