Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

Kyler Elizabeth-1 month




Oh how time flies! Our newest addition is one month old!! I hate how fast the first year flies by, it's so much worse with your second baby, because you know she will only be this tiny for such a short period of time!

We are adjusting well to life with two little banshee's :) Kyler, like her sister, is a great little baby! Very relaxed and easy, thank god. It makes having the two of them a lot easier than I thought, for now. We are still struggling with getting out the door in a timely manor every day. Honestly that has been the hardest part is just getting ready to leave and go anywhere! The other day I did leave the house on time and arrived 5 mins early to our destination...I felt like I deserved a medal!

Kyler had her one month check up and she is back to good health. She weighs 7lbs 11oz (3.5kgs) and is in the 50th percentile for her weight and height....and the 90th for her head...is anyone else not surprised by that? haha Kynley has always been in the 90th for her noggin as well. She is only waking up once at night around 3 am, were hoping to drop that soon and have her sleeping through (fingers crossed). Kyler eats SO much during the day, she will not stay little for long. I am predicting that she and Kynley are in the same size clothes. She has a ton of black fuzzy hair and its is my most favorite thing ever!!! I love to kiss her little head constantly. She also giggles in her sleep. Actually it's more like full on laughing. My husband and I have both seen her do it numerous times and it may be the cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

Kynley is absolutely in love with her. She is the best big sister, not jealous at all, and she loves to kiss and cuddle her...a lot...like all day haha. She also likes to tickle her which is adorable, she will come up to her belly and say "ticka, ticka, ticka!" I need to get it on video, its hilarious. She now calls her "bubey" instead of "boe boe".

As most of you know we had a health scare with Kyler a few weeks ago. We noticed she was running a fever and took her to the hospital. Once we were there they rushed us to a room and started trying to figure out what was going on. Other than a fever, she had no other symptoms of anything. No rash, no snot, no cough and she still had her appetite. Because a fever in a baby this young is so dangerous, they did a full work up on her. Put in an iv, did blood work, a catheter to check for a uti and then a spinal tap. It was horrible to have to sit there and listen to her scream while this all went on and know there was nothing I could do. After a while the blood tests came back inconclusive, so they had us stay the night to monitor her and wait for the spinal tap results to come in. The next morning we got the results and it showed extra cells in her spinal fluid. It felt like someone punched me in the stomach. She had spinal meningitis, we just didn't know if it was viral or bacterial. Know how sering bacterial meningitis is i was freaking out. I was left to sit with my thoughts for 3 hours while we waited for the rest of the tests to come back. More results came in later in the day and luckily it was only viral and we were released home. Such a huge relief. She is now 100% back to herself.

More to come on life with these two crazies. If you want to keep track of the craziness check out my instagram reynarobyn . As I am sitting here writing this, dad got the first smiles out of our little girl! Such a fun milestone, excited for many more to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment