Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Our first outing


Well today I decided to go out to breakfast with a friend...with both girls in tow. Anyone who has a toddler knows how difficult it is to take them out to a meal and keep them occupied, add a newborn to the mix and you're just asking for trouble. I have avoided taking Kynley out for meals for the last few months, just because it has gotten to be too difficult. And once I got pregnant with Kyler I swore I would never take the two out by myself...EVER! But today I decided to brave it, all for my favorite cappuccino. 

I prepared myself as much as possible with an iPad and an abundance of snacks for Kynley. Kyler had already eaten,so she should have just snoozed the whole time. I met my friend Maree and her son, Bentley there, he is just 10 days younger than Kyler. Before we went to breakfast we had been at Kindergym, and Kynley took a tumble, got a bloody lip and had blood all over her top. I of course, forgot to bring a change of clothes for her, so we showed up to breakfast with blood stains all down her top. You could say we were off to a rocky start already!

 I ordered Kynley her first ever babycinno (steamed milk with foam and chocolate on top). She loved it and got it all over her already stained top. At this point I didn't care what she looked like, as long as I got to drink my coffee in somewhat peace and attempt to be sociable. Once breakfast came out we are still doing well, no toddler or infant melt downs. I got to nearly finish my eggs as Kynley decided she was over the high chair and started squealing and trying to climb out. I knew at that point I got the most out of the situation, so I took Kynley out to come inside with me to pay while my friend sat with Kyler. That's when all hell broke loose. Kynley, in her chocolate and blood stained top, refused to stand next to me in line and instead started trying to slam doors and pull glasses off a shelf. *kill me now* The line was taking so long to move and my toddler tornado was tearing the place apart at a rapid rate. After finally paying Kynley decided to throw herself on the ground for no apparent reason, roll around and scream. And at that exact moment Kyler decided she was hungry and began to scream too. My somewhat peaceful breakfast turned into complete chaos. 

We were seated out front of the restaurant and I had been lucky enough to get a parking spot directly infront. My only option at that point was to take my screaming toddler to the car (with everyone staring at me) while Kyler sat with my friend. I swiftly buckled the banshee into her car seat, turned on a movie and ran back to get Kyler. I'm pretty sure everyone watching me thought I was just locking my devil child in the car and leaving her, which made the situation even more embarrassing. Did I mention it was nap time ,which probably led to the full melt down? Anyways, I grabbed Kyler, said bye to my friend and got the hell out of there as fast as I could. 

To most of you reading this may seem like a complete failure, but I got to drink  my coffee and finish my breakfast while it was hot and somewhat enjoyed it. In any Mommy's book I think that is considered a win! I am pretty sure I will not be attempting this again anytime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment